Keep on running

There’s a lot of uncertainty around at the moment, and it’s affecting all of us. The race director for the Cape Wrath Ultra has sent an email out to participants, letting us know that they plan to go ahead with the event if possible, but of course they are monitoring the situation with COVID-19 very carefully. They hope to make a final decision about the event by the 17th April.

In the meantime, I’m training as if the Cape Wrath Ultra will go ahead. If it doesn’t, I’ll be looking to take part in that or another event as soon as it is safe to do so. So the training won’t go to waste.

Last weekend I went for a trail run with some friends – you can see them in the picture at the top of this post. We got some good preparation in for Scotland, seeing some Highland cattle – and plenty of mud!

In other news, I also road (and trail) tested my new trail shoes.

My new trail running shoes get a road test

All is going well, and I’m feeling good. But we’ll have to see how events unfold over the coming weeks, to find out whether the race itself goes ahead.

Most importantly, everybody take care. And thanks to those of you who’ve sponsored me already. Your support means a lot.

If the event is cancelled, you will be offered a refund of any donation you’ve made. But if you choose not to claim your refund, you can be sure that the Rainbow Garden will make excellent use of your donation to support people to maintain their physical and mental wellbeing. And that I’ll keep on running.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s